Hello Hello my lovely readers! We are back with yet another post of Nanchi’s Fun Facts Friday. We are elated with the response you give for these fun facts whether it be for Vijay Stambh or Patola Saree or Lonar Lake.
Today we bring you the very picturesque destination from the Golden City – Jaisalmer in Rajasthan state. We are talking about the landmark of Jaisalmer – The Gadisar Lake. The best time to visit Jaisalmer is from October – February.
Here are the fun facts about the Gadisar Lake, Jaisalmer….
- Gadisar Lake is the artificial lake built around 1400 AD by the first ruler of Jaisalmer, Raja Rawal Jaisal.
- Later it was revamped by the Maharaja Garisisar Singh.
- Gadisar Lake was built as a water conservation reservoir.
- The entrance to the lake is a magnificent and intricately carved yellow stone archway – Tilon ki Pol.
- The lake is surrounded by many temples, and intricately carved chhatris.
- Gadisar Lake was the only source of water for the residents of Jaisalmer in those old days.
- A perfect place to click the golden Jaisalmer Fort during sunrise and also for bird-watching.
- You can enjoy the evenings with the boat ride.
I hope you liked these Nanchi’s Fun Facts Friday.