Thank god it’s Friday because yet another post of Nanchi’s Fun Facts Friday. It is great to see how you lovely people are interested in knowing the fun facts. So, today’s post is about the Vijay Stambh or Victory Tower in Chittorgarh, Rajasthan.
Here are the fun facts….
- Victory Tower was constructed by Rana Kumbha in 1448.
- Built in the admiration of Rana Kumbha’s victory of Mamud Khiliji.
- It is 122 feet high and has 9 storeys with each having an individual balcony facing outwards.
- There are 157 stairs to go to the top of the tower.
- The architect of Vijay Stambh was the Rao Jaita. His name and three sons’ name who assisted him are carved on the fifth floor.
- The topmost storey features Jain Goddess, Padmavati.
- The Tower is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Different forms of Ardhnareshwar, Uma-Maheshwar, Laxminarayan, Brahma, characters from Ramayan and Mahabharat are carved in the tower.
I hope you liked the facts of Vijay Stambh (Victory Tower) and if you are interested you can also read about Bhaja Caves, Hawa Mahal, Shaniwar Wada.