Hey lovely people! Starting this Friday (3rd April 2020), will be sharing – Nanchi’s Fun Facts Friday, in which I will be posting a favourite shot from my clicks and also some points related to the photograph. Feel free to add inputs or information related to the post.
The post will be helpful for us to imbibe some information of the locations and get to learn something new every week! What say?
So, here is the first picture…..
- Hawa Mahal or the Palace of Winds, located in the Pink City, Jaipur.
- What you see and think the front, in reality, is the back side of the Hawa Mahal!
- Built in 1799.
- Designed by Lal Chand Ustad.
- Unique 5 floor exterior has honeycomb sort of 953 small windows called “Jharokhas”
- Jharokhas were made for the Royal Ladies to observe the daily life and festivals on the streets without being seen!
- The top two floors are accessed only through ramps.