I can’t believe the days are going so fast, even while at home! 😂 There is another Friday and back with another post of Nanchi’s Fun Facts Friday. I hope you are liking them. Today I will be sharing about the place and its myths which sounds bizarre but have religious beliefs to it. I am talking about the Karni Mata Temple located in Deshnok, 40 kms from the Thar Desert City – Bikaner, the land of Royal Cenotaphs and Majestic Mansions., Rajasthan.
So, here we go….
- Karni Mata Temple is also known as Rat Temple.
- There are around 20,000 rats in the premises.
- The rats here are called “Kabbas” or “Little Children”.
- If one of the rats is accidentally killed, it is to be replaced with one made of gold or silver.
- Despite the dangers to the rats themselves, there are no records of humans contracting any disease by the rats in the temple.
Detailed post about the foundation of the temple, the story behind it will be posted soon:)