Another week, Another Friday and Another Nanchi’s Fun Facts Friday. I hope you are liking the concept of it and has seen my posts on Hawamahal and Shaniwar Wada. Today let me take you to the Redwoods Forest, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua, New Zealand. It was an overwhelming experience when I visited the wonderful place. Let’s check out the fun facts about Redwoods Forest, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua, New Zealand.
- The tree I am holding is more than 100 years old!
- Located just 5 minutes from Rotorua Downtown.
- It was established in 1901.
- You can explore variety of native and exotic species along with the Californian Redwoods. The forest is spread in the 5600 hectares and perfect place for walkers and hikers.
- Many of the Redwood trees have the height of more than 70 meters (230 feet).
- Redwoods Forest is most popular in Rotorua because of exotic tree species, mix of native undergrowth and panoramic views. It is in close proximity to lakes, thermal areas and the city centre.
- There are 70 trails ranging from beginner to expert level.
I hope you enjoyed reading it. Stay tuned till next Friday for more such fun facts.