Hello Hello! Hope you all are perfectly fit and happy as always! Though each day is the same these days but still we can devour the excitement of “Yayy! It’s Friday”. So, here I am back with another Nanchi’s Fun Facts Friday and I am sure you will enjoy this as well. We did a fantastic road trip from Pune to Indore and visited some amazing destinations. Indore is a melange of different cuisines, and cultures. Detailed post soon.
Today the fun facts are about a wonderful temple in Indore – Bade Ganpati! Here are the quick facts about it….
- Bade means ‘Big’ and Ganpati is ‘Lord Ganesha’.
- The size of the Ganesha idol from crown to foot is 25 feet.
- Largest Ganpati statue in the world.
- The foundation of the Bada Ganpati Temple was laid after a dream by Shri Narayan Dadhich in 1875.
- The statue is made up of a mixture of limestone, jaggery, sand, fenugreek seeds, soil, gold, silver, iron, octal metal, nine jewels and water from all the holy pilgrim rivers.
- The idol is placed over a 4 feet high platform.
- The construction of the statue took 3 years.
- It takes 8 days to decorate the Bada Ganpati statue.
Fascinated? Right!? We too were when we saw the Bada Ganpati for the first time. It is so huge and majestic. Make sure to include it in your Indore Itinerary. Would you like to read Places to visit in Indore? Do let me know.
Will surely post. Enjoy!